42nd meeting of the seminar
«Supercomputer simulation of the climate system»
The seminar is devoted to various aspects of the application of supercomputer modeling methods for solving weather and climate forecasting problems.
- Sadovnichy V.A., academician, rector of Lomonosov Moscow State University
Co-leaders of the seminar:
- Wilfand R.M., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Scientific Director of the Hydrometeorological Center of Russia
- Dobrolyubov S.A., Corr. RAS, Dean of the Faculty of Geography, Lomonosov Moscow State University
- , Corr. RAS, chief scientist Institute of Computational Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Head. Laboratory of Supercomputer Modeling of Natural and Climatic Processes of RCC MSU
- Stepanenko V.M., Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, Deputy Director of RCC MSU
Scientific Secretary of the seminar:
- Mortikov E.V., Ph.D., Researcher of RCC MSU
Seminar topics cover the following main areas (but not limited to them):
- Methods and technologies for using supercomputer computing in interdisciplinary problems of environmental sciences.
- Mathematical modeling of processes in the climate system.
- Application of supercomputer technologies for solving problems of weather forecasting.
- Application of supercomputer technologies to solve problems of assessing climate change and their consequences for the environment.
- Application of supercomputer technologies for the complex solution of problems of environmental protection, including natural hazards and man-made disasters.
|Rivin G.S., Rozinkina I.A., Astakhova E.D., Blinov D.V., Bundel A.Yu., Gorlach I.A., Kirsanov A.A., Chubarova N.E., Shatunova M.V., Alferov D.Yu., Varentsov M.I., Revokatova A.P., Samsonov T.E., Bykov F.L., Vorobieva E.V., Zakharchenko D.I., Kopeikin V.V., Nikitin M.A., Polyukhov A.A., Tatarinovich E.V., Khlestova Yu.O.
THE SYSTEM COSMO-RU OF THE HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL CENTER OF RUSSIA FOR OPERATIONAL SHORT-TERM NUMERICAL WEATHER PREDICTION: STATUS, TESTING OF ICON-RU CONFIGURATIONS OF THE ICON SEAMLESS MODEL, PROSPECTS FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT
Currently, an important change is being made in the COSMO-Ru system of the Hydrometeorological Center of Russia for operational short-term numerical weather forecast, namely, the replacement of the main component (configuration of the COSMO model) with the configuration of the seamless ICON model. The report will give a comparison of the COSMO and ICON models, the current state and possible further development of the COSMO-Ru system.
The meeting of the seminar will be held in person and in the form of a webinar on the Zoom platform.
Link to the conference: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89559052256?pwd=WE9JQWZkaks4NkhaU0ZsWEs4K21ndz09
Meeting ID: 895 5905 2256
To simplify our work during the seminar, please do the following: check in advance that Zoom works for you (in the Zoom application settings you can check the quality of the speakers and microphone) and enter your last name, first name in your profile settings and middle name in full (this can be done on your profile page (https://us02web.zoom.us/profile) - in this case, conference colleagues will see how to contact you.